Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happiness is a Giant

"Many persons have a wrong idea
of what constitutes true happiness.
It is not attained through self-gratification
but through fidelity to a worthy purpose"
- Helen Keller

I remember being at work and holding a 7 week old baby. The baby had cried all day and whenever someone tried to hold her. But when I held her, she looked at me, and went to sleep. I started to laugh and realized she was happy and what little it took to accomplish that. It doesn't take to make one happy. That made me think about what it takes to truly be happy.

Happiness is being held and cuddled by a giant!

Here my out here, babies are what, great than a foot. So in comparison, you would need to held by a giant who was 30-40 feet tall to be in the epitome of happiness! :)

I kid, but it does make one think about the things that make one happy. For me personally, everyday above ground makes me happy. The smiles of my friends, and the drunken memories I have with them.

How about you, what makes you happy?


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chelle said...

Josh~
You amaze me. I love that you are doing this. You are giving and honest. You are a rock, strong and steadfast. You are wise beyond your years. You are warm, there is much comfort in you presence. You are so thoughtful and kind. A true gentleman. You are a open complicated puzzle, and yet so easy to know and love. You are my true, invaluable friend. You are precious!!!! I love you. I just wanted to tell you all this. Write more. I know you have so much to say and I want to learn.
Chelle

Jul 6, 2008, 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Why, how funny! What makes me happy is being held and cuddled by a... nah.

Happiness for me comes from things as simple as an iced mocha and a kiss from one of my girls, to the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a writing project or realizing the richness of love. There's a whole smattering of things, really.

Jul 6, 2008, 8:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home