Monday, September 01, 2008

Why Friends are Great

“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.”
- Unknown



So I am out getting a bite to eat with my friend Lauren and we start talking about things, life, the usual food stuff. Eventually in the conversation I started talking about how things haven't quite come the way I planned. I compared my life to boat set for the new world. This boat was my hopes and dreams disstend for a land of happiness and love. Sadly, in mid journey, things started going to hell. The crew abandoned ship and the sails burn in the night sky. So I told her it took me a while to figure that all I can do is weather the storms and hope my vessel drifts to better place. And without missing a beat, she says, "if that were the case, you still have another option." Me having thought of everything said, "Whats that?".

She said, "Well, you can always row."

When you think you have no other options, your friends will always surprise you and remind you that you always have more options. I truly am greatful for the friends I have and all they have done for me. The greatest thing in in the world that they have done and will do, is keep me smiling and keep my ship aflot. I love you guys.





Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Row, row row your boat gently up the stream.

Sep 1, 2008, 8:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He-he. This is a sweet post and photo. I better go call my g/f. ;-)

Sep 1, 2008, 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Amazing thought Lauren had, and good for her. Good for you!

Love the baby pic, btw. :)

Sep 1, 2008, 2:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home