Friday, August 29, 2008

China 2009

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain


I have decided to go to China to see my cousin Justin and hang with him for a while. I plan to leave next summer as this will give me time to finish paying off my only debt, my truck loan. This will also give me time to save up some cash, get my paperwork in order, hang with friends/family, and psych myself to leaving the country. I'm looking forward to something new and something different. I have a lot of friends/family here, but besides that I have nothing. My job is great but it is not a career. My love life is non-existent and who knows if that will change. I'm also hung up on someone and I think the distance might finally get me to move on.

The thought of leaving is scary yet at the same time exciting. Even if I don't live there forever and decide to come home, I can at least say, "China....been there, done that." Hopefully I will find a nice gal, a nice job, get along with my cousin, and find what I have been looking for. I'm not sure what it is, but I hope I find it. :)


Love ya guys

- Josh




P.S. Sorry for the ever changing appearance of my blog. It seems everyday I try to find a layout that best suits me and I have yet to find it. I thought it would be easy to find a layout that says who I am, and as of this second I have yet to find it. So heads up, more changes probably coming.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger AnnotatedLA said...

as are the rest of us.. you're a work in progress. changing your blog layout is just an expression of those changes.

Oh and you'll have fun in China!

Aug 29, 2008, 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Barbara Martin said...

Jason, you definitely will have fun in China. What a wonderful trip to look forward to, and planning is a good way to make certain you see the sights you want. I would love to see the China Wall up close, even walk on part of it.

Aug 29, 2008, 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Glad to hear you're moving forward with a decision! Plan well and you'll do just fine. :) Hugs.

Aug 30, 2008, 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home