Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Ultimate Move

I have a cousin that lives in China. He's been there, I think, for over 5 years and is the closest thing I have to brother. He loves it there as he has a soon to be wife, and says he's never moving back to the States. 3/4 years ago, he asked to move there and hang with him. I was all gung ho. I had gotten my Visa in order, found a decent plane ticket, and had even turned in my notice at my job. Well, sadly some things fell through and I wasn't able to go. Thankfully I was able to get my job back and everything was fine.

It seems every year since then he always tries to get me to come over there. I didn't before because of either A) my job, B) wanting to settle down, C) being scared or D) all of the above.

Well, a lot has happened since then and know I'm am the same position but with a different frame of mind. I emailed him to say happy birthday, and again got the same "you need to come over here man". I don't have that special someone and even though I love my job, I do not see myself doing that for the rest of my life. He said I could live with him rent free and he'd get me a job.

The more and more I think about it the better it sounds. If I did I would sell my truck and get rid of my phone as then I would have no more bills. The thought of being in a new country with new possibilities is quite the high. I still have a ton of time to think about this and it may never happen....but what if it did. Time to think a little deeper :) Love ya guys.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger AnnotatedLA said...

If it happened... we'd miss you and we'd throw you a HUGE going away party!!

Aug 26, 2008, 9:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it. Especially while you're young and the opportunity is open to you.

I just sold most of my things and I'm on my way out.

Leaving is highly suggested, particularly when you're not running away from anything.

Aug 26, 2008, 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

What an aptly timed post, because I've been thinking about him lately. (And waiting for contact from him through Facebook...)

I'll be thinking of and praying for you regarding this decision. Could be an amazing thing for you, though it makes me sad you'd be so far away. Keep us posted.

Aug 26, 2008, 8:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I moved away for very much the wrong reason but this...this would definately be the right reason.

I'll have your back regardless.

Aug 26, 2008, 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Barbara Martin said...

Jason, perhaps you could take a leave of absence from your job for a period of time. That way you could return from China and have employment waiting for you. By travelling abroad it opens up your horizons and your career possibilities.

I worked in the London, England for two years and it was the best thing I have ever done.

Aug 29, 2008, 7:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home