Friday, August 15, 2008

Food, Friends, and Cats

"A faithful friend is the medicine of life."
- Apocrypha


Even though I have been having a ton of fun with the Real* Stories, you can read the conclusion by clicking here or you can quit being a lazy bastard and scroll down one blog! Anyway, I still must remember to blog about actual things. On Wednesday night, I was able to meet up with some really great friends of mine at Lotawata Creek. If you haven't eaten there, its a true challenge. They give you so much freaking food, its puts guys like me to shame. This is the only place I can never finish my plate.




As we hugged and shook hands, I remembered I had not seen these guys/gals since my college years; I went to college in 2000-2001. Yeah, only one year as I flunked out and was asked not to return. It's not my fault as I had to take classes OTHER than music. Who the hell uses Philosophy anyway!? Anyway, that's a blog for another day. And even though I went back for a few fraternity functions and football games, I had not seen most of these people in over 6 years.


Let me say, it was great to see everyone and fun was had by all. We ate, drank, and socialized; the three keys elements to a great time. We told stories from times past, and caught up with the present. All them are married, some with kids and some with cats. And those people just with cats love it when they are repeatedly asked, "When are YOU gonna have kids?"

But I think those cat couples may be on to something, because would rather have this.....


or this


I think that pretty much answers itself :)

As the night ended emails and numbers were exchanged, and vows of not being a stranger were traded. It really was a great time and can't wait to see them again.

Time is short people so live and love while you can. Love ya guys.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Good Lord! Those boys wouldn't last long in my house. :/

And it just occured to me, if/when you come to visit, you'll have to byob. Worth mentioning, anyway, since the strongest thing I keep is Starbucks. ;)

Aug 15, 2008, 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Josh! That sounds like a great time had by all! You so deserve a great diverison as that. Sounds like you are finding more light in your days. And that my friend warms my heart! Soon, I will be posting on my mystery trip for August! It is a great story and my bestfriend and I had a blast.
And on friday 2 of my girlfriends celebrated their birthdays. That was blast...with lollipops and a cake that looked...well took on the shape of some male part (won't mention it here...but you get it...right?!)!LOL! It was all in good fun...but the older ladies there really too it to new heights...who KNEW?!
Talk to you soon!

Aug 17, 2008, 3:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home