Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thoughts Remembered

Thoughts once lost at sea
in waters of pure madness.
Sailing throughout the years,
in a vessel made of sadness.

But after three years adrift
some memories made it home.
They had hit a land of light
where they'd be free to roam.

Happy thoughts from long ago
and those since lost in time,
have risen from the mental ashes
to thrive in a bright new mind.

Some of them are beautiful
while others shrouded black,
But no matter what they seem,
I'm grateful that their back.


This last week has really been a tough yet exciting one. Some memories that had been lost for years are slowing reappearing. Some funny, some sad, but overall they are in a bright nature. Having these memories trickle in has been a mixed blessing. While it is nice to have these lost images back, for me at least, these images bring alot of pain. All the pain and emotion I had when I lived these emotions for the first time, I'm experiencing all over again as if for first time.

I was chatting with my friend L about all this a few days ago. I can say, truthfully as a man, I was crying my eyes out the whole time. And if you think that's girly or unmanly, I'll kick your ass :). But, overall I'm glad these guys are back. I had truly forgotten those great and not so great times.

Remember, memories are like family. Whether you love em or hate em, enjoy them while you have them. Love ya guys.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Joshua!
Hello my friend! How are you...? I had to go back and read some of the later posts...sorry about that. But I just got off (did I just type that...gasp..giggle)working 4 days in a row. Sorry about the randomness of that thought...just being silly because I am working off 5 hours of sleep! Who needs sleep..right?! We will get enough when we are 6 feet under!
Well...I can say I have missed you and your posts. I really must try to get home and just log in right away and begin reading so I am not behind. But that seems to be my M.O. always a step behind...geesh!
So, you had a blast with the comics...that makes my heart very happy for you Joshua! How fun! Who did you take with you, a bunch of friends? coworkers? family? How much were the tickets? I like to know these things...it just kind of finsihes off the circle of events, you know what I mean?

And in about your remembering random thoughts (the good the bad the ugly)...it brought tears to my eyes knowing that you were crying. You poor soul...how I wished I was there to hug away your tears my new friend! You are like a breath of fresh air doll. Your thoughts are painful and close to the surface and raw...but I am drawn to you. I feel your pain and hurt and want to just hug and tell you that all will be right soon. Your honesty and truths are surfacing through your posts and it makes my heart swell with hope with your recovery. You are a haunted, wounded soul and I, too have been and still dealing with some of my issues that I have buried deep, deep inside. I will have to wait and see where this journey carries me through your blog...learning to trust my heart again! Thank you Joshua!
With my heart,
Robyn

Aug 10, 2008, 1:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home