Thursday, August 07, 2008

Heaven and Hell on Earth

“Those who promise us paradise on earth
never produced anything but a hell.”
- Karl Popper


Have you ever wondered if this "life" we live is the true Heaven or Hell? Imagine if you will, that our existence on this plane is just that. A combination of heaven and hell with some people living one while the rest live the other. That in the past we died and we are now here. I think this could be true just by looking at the world. Seeing people get handed everything while others get handed nothing. Watching those unworthy prosper while good people falter. Having to watch those who are not human receive a slice of Heaven while you have to stomach a piece of Hellish pie. To always see the good guy fail. Makes you wonder and if this were true, you'd have to ask yourself, what I do to deserve this? Or "how did I get so lucky?" depending on which end you are on.

Remember though the key words are, if this were true. You can stack this with the Hollow Earth Society and Alien Abductions. it's just something to think about, something to keep the mind at ease. And remember, if you are in Heaven, enjoy it for you earned it. And if your in Hell, well, you too also earned it.

Love ya guys.


p.s. As you can see, I'm in kind of a downer mood. I was given the name of 3 doctors and guess what? 1 isn't excepting new patients till the end of September, 1 is on vacation for another 2/3 weeks, and the last one hasn't returned my call. Oh well, all one can do is wait, vent to friends, and hope for the snuggle of a good woman. :)

p.s.s. Enjoy probably the most beautiful piece of music ever written HERE. It's joyful yet sad, alive yet sedate, it is life in its purest. I got to see these guys live, best concert I have ever seen. Love you guys.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandpa (Dad's Dad) used to say that this mortal world is hell - and heaven is our reward for surviving it.

I'm not the most spiritual of men, but I kind of like that idea.

Aug 7, 2008, 1:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home