Sunday, August 03, 2008

Faith in Humanity......Check!

"History does nothing; it does not possess immense
riches, it does not fight battles. It is men, real,
living, who do all this."
- Karl Marx


Yesterday I went to a wedding reception for a friend of mine. He and he lovely bride were married in New Hampshire but wanted to have a reception for those of us not able to make. We get there and it's a true German restaurant. The food, the look....you name it...it was there. Soon the bride and groom get there and guess what, he's wearing Lederhosen and she's in a German dress. I can't remember the last time I recall smiling and laughing so much at a wedding reception. Most are boring, dull, and you end up overheated. Not this one, it was fun, love was in the air, and they even had fans set up to keep us cool....these people were awesome.

But one thing really stuck out, it was the love these two people had for each other and life. It was evident in everything they did, said, and showed. And this struck a cord with me as for a while I had lost my faith in my fellow man, love, and humanity. It seems when everyday all you hear of is war, death, and divorce, something like this can truly put your faith back in humanity and love. I wish them the best and hope their love can be one of the beacons of light to bring humanity back from the darkness.

Love ya guys

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home