Sunday, July 27, 2008

What Dreams May Come

"Your vision will become clear only when
you look into your heart. Who looks outside,
dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."
- Carl Jung

As I was sleeping this morning, I had a very weird and vivid dream. I was driving in my truck on my way to work I think, as I was dressed in my usual button up shirt and khakis. I was enjoying the ride and everything was calm. It appeared to be an average day. I remember seeing a red light ahead so I slowed down and stopped. I looked out my window to the left and saw a friend of mine. I smiled and waved, she smiled and waved. I look ahead at the light, it's still red. I look back over at my friend and she's pointing a gun at my face. When I realize what is happening, she fires hitting me in face.

I woke up shaking with my heart pounding out my chest. Everything I saw and experienced was so real, I felt it. I couldn't go back to bed, and only got about 4 hours of sleep. What was really weird, was as I drove to work today, I was actually scared to stop at lights. I had to stop at two, and when I did my hands actually shook. As I finished the day to work I tried to think about what this dream meant. I came to one of three conclusions.

1. She will be the death of me.
2. She will set me free.
3. I should never eat Red Lobster after watching a really great movie.

I still don't know what to think, but with some dreams, you aren't meant to know. I am hoping this is one of those times. Love you guys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I don't know what it means either, but I'd go with option #3. ;)

Jul 26, 2008, 10:56:00 PM  
Blogger Barbara Martin said...

If you really want to know what your dream means, go to the nearest bookstore and buy:

The Dreamer's Dictionary by Lady Stearn Robinson and Tom Corbett
ISBN 0-446-34296-3

By the way, the dreams you have just when you wake up in the morning are more prophetic than ones in the middle of the night.

Hope this helps you.

Jul 28, 2008, 12:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home