Saturday, July 26, 2008

As I Walk Empty Handed

"The hardest days of ones life,
are the days spent empty handed."
- Josh Leadbetter

As I walk empty handed
through dark and scary places,
I am reminded of better times
with kind and caring faces.

They are crisp in my mind
and filled with joyful glee,
I think of them everyday
while a smile comes over me.

But as I walk empty handed
certain things are clear.
Those heavenly times are lost,
and might not ever reappear.

Yet down this road I shall walk
and pray in as many ways,
that keeping my hand held open
will lead to loving hand held days.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

You said before you don't write much poetry. It's a shame, but you really are good. Keep it up.

Jul 26, 2008, 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

That sounds bad... It's a shame, BECAUSE you really are good.

Forgive me. I apparently can't edit my comments these days. :P

Jul 26, 2008, 10:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home