Friday, August 08, 2008

Hurt

Partial Lyrics from
Hurt by NIN

I remember everything.

what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt

i wear my crown of shit
on my liar's chair
full of broken thoughts
i cannot repair
beneath the stain of time
the feeling disappears
you are someone else
i am still right here

what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt

if i could start again
a million miles away
i would keep myself
i would find a way

As each day passes, old memories are reborn in the eyes of someone who was once blind. Some good, some bad, yet everyone is a heartache and a joy. But, these things I remember feel as though they are happening to me right now, not as they were back then. As if one is watching an emotional slide show, knows whats coming, but can't hit stop. What the hell has happened to me?

What have I become?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Johnny Cash did an excellent cut of this song as well shortly before his death.

Aug 7, 2008, 6:46:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joshua!
Hey my friend! I love this song from NIN. What is going on? You really do sound very down...I haven't seen you around my place so I thought I would come and check in on you.
And I find this...my poor hurt soul friend. What words of comfort can I say to ease some of this pain?! It pains me to read what you have written. I am sending good thoughts out to you that soon one of these people will call you back very soon.
I know you are in a dark corner in your world...but come to the light a bit, come to my side of the room my friend! I am waiting there with a hug and smile!

And to see my smile go further down on my blog and look for a post called "through the looking glass" It might make you laugh on how much fun I had doing those photos!
I will be back my new friend and hold fast on to the smiles you get in a day. They will get you through some of the dark moments in a day...
Hugs,
Robyn

Aug 8, 2008, 2:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home