Monday, August 11, 2008

My Town Monday

Travis, over at his blog, does this cool blog called My Town Monday. It's pretty much a way to tell your fellow bloggers cool and informative things about yourself and your hometown. I gonna use his meme template to tell you about my town.




HOMETOWN (past, present, or future - your choice): Present - Columbia, IL

POPULATION: 9,818 (2007 Numbers)

YOU SHOULD THINK OF MY TOWN WHEN.... : you think I wanna hear a bitching marching band and watch some cool high school sports!! WE ROCK!.....sadly that's about it.

YOU SHOULD CUSS MY TOWN WHEN.... : when you pay the sky high prices on houses and apartments. Columbia is 15 minutes from everything it seems, is in a nice area, and the evil Columbia is very, very aware of that.

ONE MUST SEE IF YOU VISIT: Any of our fine chains of restaurants. We have a McDonald's, Taco Bell, Subway, Quizno's, Pizza Hut, Dairy Queen, Thai, Chinese, and a buffet! Other than that, your less than 15 minutes from St. Louis. That's where the fun is.

ONE PLACE YOU SHOULD AVOID: Remember Subway I mentioned before, stay away from there. Last time I ate there, was sick as a dog and my friend got Bubonic Plague.

FAMOUS RESIDENT: There was this Mexican dude who shot and killed his boss a few years ago. Sadly, that about it.

RENOWNED ATHLETE: TJ Mathews, Pro Baseball Player. Played with the Cardinals, Astro's, and A's. Was one of the players traded for Mark McGwire.

WITHOUT MY TOWN, THE WORLD WOULD NOT HAVE: actually, we haven't given jack shit to the world. However we do have some of the hottest ladies in the area.

I LIKE MY TOWN BECAUSE: I have lived here longer than any other place. When I was younger we moved around alot. Before I moved here in 1992, I had lived in Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and a few different places in those states. Its nice to have a place to call home for longer than a year or two.

I MIGHT LEAVE ONE DAY BECAUSE: Even though I have good friends here, I still don't have that which I long for the most, love. I want to find a special someone and I don't think I'm gonna find her in this area. Plus, I think it's time to move to a new area. I've been here for 16 years, I think it's time for a change.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well...Josh this was cool! So, my take on your town...is not to move there...LMAO! Just kidding friend...but I am pretty biased about California! I love it here! So, close to mountains,BEACHES (my fav) and country and rolling hills and so on!
And I think that we have some pretty hot people here too (me included...oh so bold I know...just having some fun...you will have to be the judge of that my friend).
well it certainly was fun to come here tonight and read the whose/wheres/whats going on with your town! But next time post some pics!

And last bit...how was work today I assume you worked today right or maybe you work nights...Oh! I guess I don't know! Well email me whenever! Talk to you soon!
Big Hugs,
Robyn

Aug 11, 2008, 2:39:00 AM  
Blogger debra said...

Welcome to MTM, Josh. I hope you find
"home" one day soon.

Aug 11, 2008, 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

Welcome, Josh. A nice intro.

Aug 11, 2008, 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I avoid all Subways when possible. Thanks for playing along. Hope you join us again and reveal more bout your town.

Aug 11, 2008, 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Reb said...

What a great way to introduce yourself Josh. I am sure you will find what you are looking for where you least expect it.

Aug 11, 2008, 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger Linda McLaughlin said...

Josh, welcome to MTM. Columbia sounds like a great town to live in, if not the most exciting spot in the state. Hope you find that special someone, but you're young. You've got plenty of time.

Linda

Aug 12, 2008, 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Clare2e said...

Thanks for stopping by WoM, Josh!

I've spent some time in St. Louis and otherwise in central and downstate IL, as I lived in that state for over a decade. How did I miss fair Columbia? I like Subway, but I do drink regularly from parking lot puddles to reinforce my resistance to parasites.

Aug 12, 2008, 4:51:00 PM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Yay, I'm so glad to see you take on this weekly post!

Aug 12, 2008, 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger Barbara Martin said...

Nice little place you come from, and welcome to MTM.

Aug 15, 2008, 9:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home