Sunday, August 17, 2008

MST3K For the Win!

So my friend L emailed me about a Sci-Fi convention coming to St. Louis. Folks I'm not gonna lie, I'm a huge Science Fiction nerd. As a child I remember watching and loving the British ones most. My two favorites of all time where and are.....



Red Dwarf




and Dr. Who




Red Dwarf is my favorite BBC one hands down. It was on for a decade, 88-97, and always made me laugh. Here's the synopsis:


Three million years ago, a radiation leak killed the crew of the mining ship, Red Dwarf. The only survivor was Dave Lister, the chicken soup machine repairman. He spends his time on the ship with a holographic projection of Arnold Rimmer (his dead bunk mate), Cat (a life-form that evolved from Dave's cat), Holly (the ship's senile computer), and Kryten (a service mechanoid).


That rocks! Oops, sorry, got off track there. One of my other favorite scf-fi shows, Mystery Science Theater 3000, or MST3K, will be represented at this convention!



This great show ran from 1989-1999 with over 180 episodes. For those of you that don't know this show, here is another synopsis.

When zany mad scientist Dr. Clayton Forrester and his loopy assistant Frank get bored with their work at the Deep Thirteen research center, they kidnap Joel the janitor and shoot him into orbit on the Satellite of Love. While in space Joel builds wacky robot sidekicks Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot to help him withstand an onslaught of grade 'Z' movies that the mad scientists force him to watch.

So it's a show about a man and 2 robots, forced to watch some of the worst B movies of all time. So pretty much them watching these movies, mocking them to hell, as they sit in a theater. Out of this world funny. Head to youtube and type in MST3K and enjoy.

Back to the meaning of this blog. A bunch of the dudes/dudettes from the show are gonna be at the convention as this is their 20th anniversary. I can't wait to meet and greet with them.


So, if you in the St. Louis area October3-5, I just might see you there. Love ya guys



Info About the Convention Here

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Josh! OH my love that new banner even though a I adore Opus! Cutest little guy! But my love for Tim Burtons 'Jack' is just as great! Love it!
So, your a sci-fi geek like me!!! Go figure! Who knew?! Well, the question at hand is you are going...right?! And you will be taking your camera...right?!
You MUST!
I want to go the big Comic-Convention that happens every year in San Diego. One day I will make that trek...one day! Thanks for stopping by it is always lovely to see you!
Hugs!

Aug 17, 2008, 6:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home