Monday, August 18, 2008

My Town Monday - St. Louis

The cool things about where I live is that I'm twenty minutes from St. Louis. And over the last few years, because of a friend, have I really discovered the fun to be had there. If you are ever in the area, these are a few of the places I would recommend in a heartbeat. If we're gonna have a night out in St. Louis, your gonna need a pint.

The Scottish Arms is a true honest to goodness Scottish Pub. They serve Scottish food, lager, and even wear kilts. If your Scottish, it's the place to be. If you want to drink and think of your homeland, this is the place to be. I have only been there once, but while I was drinking and eating, the lamb is great, I felt comfortable and at home. This is one place you must go for a pint. I imagine myself in Scotland, with my lass, at a pub like this.



Their bar is my dream bar.

And what if your looking for a little class? The St. Louis Art Museum is the place to go. I have been coming to this museum since we moved here in 92. I really truly enjoy coming here. The environment is relaxed, as you hope it would be. The art is beautiful and if you have that someone special with you, you'll enjoy it that much more.


There is a painting in here that looks just like my
cousin, Something She Wrote. I think she's seen it.


And whats great about going to the museum, the St. Louis Zoo is right next to it. There is nothing better than spending part of the day at the museum then hitting the zoo or vice averse. If you go in the summer time, I recommend the Penguin Exhibit highly. It's freaking cool and the penguins rock.



"Where is Batman?", he asked his ass.

And since I am a theater lover and part time music man, I would suggest swinging by the Fox Theater. This is the place to see musicals, Broadway plays, comedians, and musicians alike. Phantom of the Opera looks amazing here, watching a comedy genius do stand up here is awesome, and just being able to say, "Sorry, I'm heading to the theater." is just plain fun.



The inside is so beautiful.

And if your looking for a great place to eat, I'm sorry. There is only one place I have ever recommended as if the life of my first born child depended on it. That place, my friends, is Quatro's. True, its about 80 minutes from where I live, in Carbondale, IL where I went to college, but dammit, it has the best pizza anywhere! Get a large deep pan Meateater, that's all you need.



Not in St. Louis


Love ya guys and have a great Monday.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Terrie Farley Moran said...

Joshua,

What a terrific post. I had no idea that St. Louis was such a cultural city. even though I am not Scottish, I would love that pub!

Terrie

Aug 18, 2008, 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Love the new look of the blog and you are right the St Louis zoo is amazing. the penguin exhibit is refreshing on a hot humid day.

Aug 18, 2008, 3:06:00 PM  
Blogger Reb said...

You have to love a good Scottish pub! That photo of the penguin is great. Such an enticing post Joshua, thanks.

Aug 18, 2008, 5:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ready to visit St. Louis!

Thanks Joshua!

Mary

Aug 18, 2008, 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger Barbara Martin said...

Great post, because now I want to visit St. Louis. The Scottish pub looks like my kind of place.

I also like your mascot in the upper right hand corner. Too cool! (if that's still said these days).

Aug 18, 2008, 7:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home