Sunday, July 06, 2008

Universal Languages

"A painter paints pictures on canvas.
But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
- Leopold Stokowski

A universal language is a hypothetical historical or mythical language said to be spoken and understood by all or most of the world's population. Sounds beautiful doesn't it and god bless Wikipedia. To me, the greatest of the three universal languages is the language of music.

I remember being at college, in a huge theater, with a hundred other musicians. They were from all around the world and a good chunk didn't speak English. I remember thinking to myself, hows this gonna work. Then the conductor raised the baton and we started playing. Music is the language of notes. To see a group of people who are unable to communicate thru words, communicate thru another medium, that of music, is amazing. It truly to me is the greatest universal language.

Still on my favs, thanks L


The second language is that of mathematics. Not quite as much fun as music in my eyes, but still, universal. I remember having a Russian math teacher in college and not being able to understand a dam word he said. But I was able to follow the math and still be able to fail his class due to poor attendance. By the way

That never happens does it? A college professor who you cant' f*&%king understand!



The last universal language is that of sex. Even thought almost totally physical, the language of sex is undeniable. This language is more of body words more than spoken words. You are able to tell what that person is thinking and what they want by the language of the "ready" human body. Example, guys, you know instinctively when your with a girl, and she does that think where she looks at you and starts to nibble on her bottom lip........yeah you know its on!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Hmm... I don't think I've ever nibbled on my bottom lip. I'll have to ask Mike. ;)

I gotta say, I'm really liking your added cartoons and pictures. The "ex-marching band kids" one is priceless!

Oh, dig the quotes, too.

Jul 6, 2008, 8:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home