Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Where Does the Red Fern REALLY Grown?

"Better never to have met you in my
dream than to wake and reach for
hands that are not there."
- Otomo No Yakamochi

As I sit at this desk and read the blog of my best friend, my mind is a sea of information and stories. Reminiscing of great days and love long since past. To think that already in my life time I was able to experience the avalanche that is true love makes me smile and feel warm inside. Yet, having lost love brings back memories long since buried, long since forgotten. How quickly present day joys soon become past memories of a much better time. This life we live is a true Catch 22.

We are given everything yet are we given nothing.

If you are with someone you love and care deeply about, tell them that every moment you have with them is a blessing. Love them as if the world would be ending tomorrow. Enjoy the present, for in the future you may be looking at a computer screen, and holding back the tears of the past.


However, we must move on. Living in the past can be beautiful, but like radiation, prolonged exposure can cause extensive health problems and turn your urine bright green.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Simply put: Great post.

Jul 8, 2008, 8:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home