Thursday, September 04, 2008

I Have the Reverse Flu

My mood at the moment can only be explained with a snip it
from the classic BBC show Red Dwarf.


KRYTEN: Quite extraordinary. Lanstrom (a doctor) postulated that there are two kinds of virus. Positive and negative. The negative we already know about.

LISTER: Yeah, like the flu, rabies, that kind of stuff.

KRYTEN: But she also believed that there are positive viral strains which actually make human beings feel better.

CAT: Such as?

KRYTEN: Well, at a very basic level she predicted a kind of ‘reverse flu’ - a strain of virus which promotes an unaccountable feeling of well-being and happiness.

LISTER: That's happened to me! Me life's been turned to complete and utter crud, and I've woken up in the morning feeling good for no apparent reason!

KRYTEN: The chances are, sir, that on those occasions you had unwittingly contracted Lanstrom's virus. According to her notes, twentieth-century DJs suffered from it all the time.


LMAOL, I love that last part. I do seem to be suffering from the reverse flu. I have no reason to really explain this great mood and total happiness I am feeling. All I know is that I hope its contagious and that somehow you can get it over the net. *cough cough* I wish you guys could see my smile.


I love you guys.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good good good......

Sep 4, 2008, 7:37:00 AM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Huzzah for the Reverse Flu! Who knew?

Sep 4, 2008, 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

i know this is a really old post and that you don't now me but i came across it tonight while searching for the red dwarf scene you described because at the moment i am enjoying the reverse flu i can't get this giant smile off my face

Nov 11, 2009, 5:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home