Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Simply Labeled Another Time, Another Place

I see myself gazing into a mirror with letters on the bottom that simply say Another Time, Another Place. As I look into the mirror I see myself only I'm a few years older. I'm coming home from my job and I appear tired but glad to be home. My house is beautiful and it makes me smile every time I see it. As my keys ring from trying to unlock the front door, I hear foot steps running to greet me. As I open the door I am ambushed by two young boys joyfully screaming dad. I hug them both, tell them I love them, and ask were their mother is. They say almost in unison while giggling, "In the kitchen".

I smile and proceed to carry them in the kitchen to see my wife. She's at the table, getting dinner ready, and even though see has been cooking she looks lovelier than I have seen. She smiles and says hi and return the hello. We hug and share a romantic kiss, the love in the room is overwhelming. Just as she gets ready to say I love you........I wake up. I cry as it felt so real, as if I had just lost them.

Dreams can be so beautiful yet so cruel.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Very poignant and very sad. *hug*

What happened to One Wish Wednesday? ;)

Sep 10, 2008, 5:50:00 PM  
Blogger Wow Thinking said...

If your are facing issue with gmail account Gmail Online Technical Support Number Canada 1-888-582-4887 for technical help and Support, Gmail Support Phone Number Canada.

May 19, 2017, 6:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home