Monday, July 14, 2008

GGGGOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLSSSSSS!!!!

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act,
but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."
- Anatole France


It's 8:20am and thankfully the rumbling in my belly is better than its been. I've just returned from walking at the park with my puppy, man it's such a nice day today. This was one of goals when I started dieting a month ago. Sadly at my heaviest I was up to 401 pounds. The only thing that saved me from looking like Fat Bastard was my height. I love the Leadbetter gene as I am 6'2" and didn't look it as I was told. But, I was in the early stages of Congestive Heart Failure and my health was poor. I had/have edema to my feet/ankles, high blood pressure, and water retention around my lungs and heart. There was a time when I feared going to bed because I was not sure if I was gonna wake up. Your body can only take so much before it says, "Fuck this" and throws in the towel. So, after my mind awoke, I saw this version of myself my eyes had ignored for years. A fat very sad man. That day I said no more. I started walking at least 5/6 miles a week, I usually do more. I'm also doing Atkins. I've lost 25+ pounds since June and the weight is coming off. I have another 150 to go and it's gonna be a fun year. I can't wait to buy new cloths. I plan to frame my largest pair of pants which were a size 54.......sigh. Thankfully even now they are big on me and my belt is on its last hole.

So, something I haven't told but 2/3 people I now tell you. I am gonna lose this weight thru walking and dieting. This is my ultimate goal this year. My mind will be that much better knowing I that I am finally a sexy beast.

And I plan to reward myself when I do get to my goal weight. Something that came to my attention because of my best friend Lauren. I'm gonna get a tuxedo, because to quote her, and most gals, "They are dam sexy!"

And maybe a nice suit as well. I have one person to thank for that. Thank you Timothy Olyphant for kicking ass in the sweet movie Hitman.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger AnnotatedLA said...

I don't think I ever say "Tuxedos are damn sexy." Guysin them do look hawt, but I don't think I ever said that! LOL

Jul 14, 2008, 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Hooray for you! Best of luck with it all, and make sure you keep us posted.

I do have to say, I also love that Leadbetter gene. ;)

Jul 14, 2008, 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Relax, fellow readers, it's not what you think. I'm a Leadbetter, too, and that's all I meant. :)

Jul 14, 2008, 1:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home