Sunday, July 13, 2008

If Only I Could Map Quest True Love

"Love is an irresistible desire
to be irresistibly desired."
- Robert Frost


I am at home, reading books I have not read before. In these books are stories that tell of the truest love between two people. A love that seems to be have been destined since the dawn of time. As if the gods themselves shined the light of eternal love and happiness on these beings. I stop, and am amazed if that is truly possible. Can fate as it were, shine so bright for us in the eyes of love? I believe it does yet it doesn't. It does in the fact that it seems to happen to other people. We all know someone is swimming in the deep end of the pool of love. We are but spectators to their happiness and grateful they obtained the unobtainable. This in lies the part in which it doesn't. It always seems that others are in this light, not us. We are happy for them but would give everything to have what they have if only for a minute. The most miserable feeling in the world is to know that you had true love, and lost it. True love is like lightning, being struck once is rare, being struck twice..... is almost impossible. As I have said before, if you are with the one that lights your way in the darkest of night, never let them go.


P.S. As if in depth thoughts of love are hard enough, I'm also dealing with food poisoning. Last night two nurses and I ate some nacho cheese from our hospitals crappy cafeteria. 20 minutes later, at least for me and 1 other nurse, we visited barf city. We finished the shift in hopes all would be better. I went to work tonight and after an hour was given the green light to come back home. My stomach hurts and there isn't even anything good to watch on watch on TV. I hope this week gets better. Supposed to see an old friend on Wednesday, lets see if it happens. Oh, and

I hate cafeteria food.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

Ugh. I feel for you. Had food poisoning when pregnant with Natalie. Yeah, as if I hadn't been barfing enough already. And, come to think of it, mine was Taco Bell. Must be somethin' about nacho cheese...

Josh, you can and will find love again. And when you do, remember no love is perfect. There is no movie/book love; that's all a facade. You have to take it for what it is: two people trying to give their everything to one another. That's what makes "true love."

Okay, it's late-ish, and I seem to be rambling things that potentially make no sense...

Jul 13, 2008, 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

PS. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Jul 13, 2008, 11:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home