Friday, July 11, 2008

A Walrus Has Taken My Bucket List

"Life is rather like a tin of sardines -
we're all of us looking for the key."
- Alan Bennett

I was sitting at my desk, watching some old school movies, when my dad walked in to say hi. He's getting ready to ride his bicycle in an event and says he can scratch that off his bucket list. Last year my father was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer in his bladder. After 2 surgeries, 3 rounds of treatment, and a current cycle of treatments, he's cancer free. When this first started, he drew up a bucket list after watching, of course, The Bucket List. He's slowing crossing things of in the event it returns with force. This got me thinking. If tomorrow I was told I had something that could end my life, what would I put on my own bucket list? What would I do to say, "I'm good to go." This got me thinking and the only that popped up was...


Learn to Freaking Sword Fight!

There is nothing more beautiful or classic than a sword fight. This lost art is one of the most graceful and symbolic art forms left. I actually have 2 swords (nerd) but if I could, I would learn with a Rapier. And speaking of sword fighting, light sabers are the ultimate nerd sword. Here is the best fan made fight sequence I have ever seen.

The MAN Adrian Paul

And that was all that I could come up with. Like anyone else I would see all my family and friends and spend most of my time with them. They is the most important things. I wouldn't travel or waste money that I wouldn't be able to use. I'd spend time with those I love, and have some fun with swords. :) So how about you, what would be on your list?

Oh, and to keep the Opus Redone going.

"THE" OPUS REDONE #5

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger AnnotatedLA said...

There is a fencing group in St. Louis. I know someone in it if you really want to learn.

Jul 11, 2008, 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

How did I miss this post?

*sniff, sniff*

I'd really have to give it more thought, but I do know for sure I'd strive to be selfless.

Jul 13, 2008, 2:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home