Thursday, July 17, 2008

Something From My Heart

When I was young I thought of you,
an angel dressed in white.

And longed for days of meeting,
my angel dressed in white.

Everyday would begin with thoughts,
of my angel dressed in white.

And every night would end with dreams,
of my angel dressed in white.

Then the day came when I met,
my angel dressed in white.

And the days were filled with love and hope,
just me and my angel dressed in white.

These were the greatest times I ever had,
with my angel dressed in white.

And it felt as though it would last forever,
pure love, just me, and an angel dressed in white.

But soon the clouds of sadness formed,
around me and my angel dressed in white.

And soon the colors were dark and scary,
and I lost my angel dressed in white.

Those days have since turned to years,
and I miss my angel in white.

And can only hope when the colors return,
so too will my angel dressed in white.

I have never been a person to put my feelings out there for anyone or everyone to see. I spent so many years keeping them to myself that it's hard for me to really get them out there. I've also never been one to write poetry or any medium like that. But, these last few days have been very trying in my emotional world. And being a guy, that makes things harder. We are supposed to strong, fearless, and never show our inner feelings. Well, today I put myself at your mercy. I do not care if you belittle me or praise me, I just simply wish to express that which I have been unable to express for so many years. I love each and everyone of you and I always will.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Janna Leadbetter said...

The last few days have been rough? Extra BIG hugs.

And it was a beautiful, beautiful poem.

Jul 17, 2008, 6:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home